There are tons of Jell-O shot recipes out there, however this is one I revised and tweaked to make my own. It turned out to be a huge hit at our 4th of July block party.
I figured I’d better write it all down before I forget… and of course since I’m doing that I may as well share it. 😉
- 1 Box Instant Berry Blue Jello
- 1 Box Instant Cherry Jello
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 4 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Packets Gelatin
- 2 Cups Malibu Coconut Rum
- 2 Cups Passion Fruit Liqueur
- 1 Cup Blue Curacao
- 1 Cup Mango Rum
- 4 Cups of water (I think anyway lol)
- Yields approx 40-45 2oz Jell-O shots
The order of the layers doesn’t really matter. Meaning you can start with red at the bottom or blue, it should work either way.
Note: I used a syringe with a fine tip to add the liquid to the shot glasses. While it was more time consuming, I had little mess and kept equal measurements for all three layers.
- Boil 2 Cups of water.
- Stir in the Cherry Jell-O mix (you can use Strawberry too if you prefer).
- Mix until dissolved.
- Add 1 Cup cold water
- Add 1 Cup passion fruit rum. (You can use another flavor that you think will taste good, or just vodka if you aren’t feeling creative).
- Stir and pour into shot glasses.
- Refrigerate until thickened for around 3 hours.
This was the tricky part since white colored Jell-O can be hard to come by.
- In a small bowl, mix gelatin and pineapple juice together.
- In a small saucepan, bring heavy whipping cream and sugar to a near boil; stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pineapple juice mixture.
- Allow to cool to room temperature (may stick it in the fridge for a bit to speed the process). This is important! If it’s still too hot it will bleed into your bottom layer.
- Once cooled, mix coconut rum into the whipping cream mixture.
- Pour the whipping cream mixture into shot glasses so that the glasses are 2/3 of the way full. Again, I used a syringe and even poured over a spoon to make sure the color didn’t bleed through to my bottom layer.
- Refrigerate until firm for around 2-3 hours.
Note: You may be able to substitute coconut milk for the heavy whipping cream, however I haven’t personally tried it.
Follow the same directions as the red layer except use the Blue Jell-O mixture.
Use Blue Curaçao as your liquor.
Pour cooled blue jello mixture with Blue Curaçao into the shot glasses until almost full; refrigerate until firm. (had no issue pouring in the top layer directly without color bleeding issues. )
Serve, sit back and enjoy the compliments! 😉❤️